I found the 5 on Friday link up (hosted by: darci, april, christina + natasha) a while ago and this is my first opportunity to post on it. I think I am going to try to do it regularly as a type of weekly reflection. This week I wanted to just reflect on the things that I am thankful for. In no particular order, here goes:
1. I am thankful for hand-me-downs. We received everything for our first baby either by hand me down or by shower, we bought nothing. After three moves and two boys pretty much everything was worn out. We have been debating on what to do for Baby Elliot as a bed because we keep the bebes in our room for the first few months while they get up in the middle of the night to nurse. Problem was solved when my inlaws went through their closets during Christmas vacation and stumbled across the little beauty below!!! It was my husband’s as an infant. How precious is that?! I LOVE it!!!
2. I am thankful for the impending birth. I am super scared about labor…that might sound a little goofy since this is number 3 but I just keep remembering the pain of my last one (all of my births have been natural and non-medicated) and I cringe every time. I just can’t imagine making it through again…BUT, I am so excited for Elliot to come along and I had such fun packing for our hospital trip earlier this week. We’re ready for ya lil guy!!!
3. I am thankful for the things and times during motherhood that you just have to laugh (or shake) it off because if you don’t you will break down and cry. The lovely little number below was a hastily taken photo of my oldest son after he had very successfully covered his whole face in Burt’s Bees Diaper Ointment… NOT something I EVER would have expected our Bennett to do but he thought he was being a big boy and putting lotion on…I just had to laugh at him, capture a photo and VERY hastily get him to the bathroom to wash the lotion off the corner of his eye before it did any damage. Thank you children, for reminding us moms to laugh in the face of adversity… Can I get an AMEN from you other mamas?! 🙂
4. I have been incredibly thankful for all of my planning sheets and binders lately. I have been enjoying the Blogging Babe’s Blogging Binder to get my blog dream in order and rolling and I have been enjoying the Power Sheets by Lara Casey. The cute little mini binder there is one that I picked up from Target to hold my personal planner that I designed (will share at a later day) and my blog planner (which can be found in my Etsy shop). I feel in order and organized or at least like a plan is coming together. What is helping you get organized this January???
5. Lastly but not leastly (haha, like that?!) I am thankful to FINALLY replace my kitchen dishes. Tuesday, my husband came home, said – let’s go shopping – and we hopped in the car with the boys and went to TJ Maxx and Target and he bought me the following beauties to grace my kitchen with. I CAN NOT be more excited for something so small and simple but I am SO incredibly appreciative of them and I can’t talk about these without giving all of the glory to Jesus because without his provision of Andrew’s job and his working through our lives and relationship and EVERYTHING these would not be in my kitchen. 🙂
What are you thankful for this week? What things has God been doing in your life? What are your shake it off (thanks T-Swift) mom moments of the last few days???
Be encouraged friend!